Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hands of Hope

Many times during my life I found myself on the bottom of a seesaw, burdened with worries and fear and my goals dangling in the air. The more I held onto fear and doubt the heavier the weight became making my goals impossible to reach.

One day I was washing my hands and I remembered that God held me in the palm of His hand. I decided I had to make a choice to be happy and finally let go of burdensome worries. I asked God to give me His love and strength. I decided that I could hold onto God’s love and strength with my hands. Before I could let go of fear and doubt I needed to let go of negative thinking in order to balance my life. I needed to trust in God and let Him guide me thought by thought and step by step. I began to design a new plan for my life with God’s help.
I begin each morning spending some time with God. My right hand is my grateful hand. Each day I write five things down that I can thank God for and focus on those things throughout the day. My left hand is my working hand. Each day I write two things down that I need to do for myself such as eating healthy and saying positive affirmations like I have great value in God’s eyes. I then write down two things I need to do for my family such as greeting my daughter at the door when she comes home from school with a warm hug and home baked cookies, or making my husband’s favorite dessert. I then write down one thing I can do for someone else such as calling a relative that may be lonely or sending a card to someone that may be sick. By using my right hand to be grateful and my left hand to take positive action, my hands no longer hide my face from the world in fear. Some days I still find myself at the bottom of the seesaw. Those days I need to live moment by moment breaking down each task gently. Those days are the days I need to wear the brightest smile, knowing God is with me and I have great value in His eyes. God’s hope guides my steps in balance and helps me reach out to others. His love and strength helps me to reach my own personal goals of growth and to live each day with my own hands of hope.

KM

No comments: