Thursday, November 1, 2007

Blessings of Kindness

Back in 2005 right after the devastating Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf coast of the United States, I started a newsletter to uplift people and give them hope. I named it Warm Hugs and Cozy Slippers because when I get home from work the first thing I want to do is hug my family and little dog and next put on my slippers. The warm hugs and cozy slippers fill me with comfort and gratitude. I wanted to capture those warm feelings and share them with others.

There has been a lot said about energy and levels of vibration. I am not a master mind or energy worker. What I am is an ordinary middle age woman with ordinary feelings and emotions. What I have found is that kindness raises my energy level and gives me overall feelings of well being and joy. Medical research has shown that feelings of joy and well being can have significant results in healing the body from sickness. Overall feelings of joy and well being actually help to boost the immune system. Kindness to others always finds its way back to you, usually in double portion.

Recently, I have read a lot on blessing others. I do not mean in a religous sense although I certainly pray for others on a daily basis. I mean blessing people with kindness. Mother Theresa used to say to do little things with great love. She also said to start within your own household and then go to your neighbors and out into the community. A smile is said to bless people, significantly. A positive attitude also has great power in success.

What if instead of getting angry at others we blessed them with a little kindness. What if we could think of one word that could bring us into a place of blessing such as love? Every time someone got on your nerves such as cutting you off while driving, you instead of beeping your horn, said one word, love. By saying this word, love it would remind you that by blessing the person with kindness and well being you could actually make a difference in making the world better. What if you were to pick one person and bless them in one way for 30 days? I challenge you to pick one person and bless them with little acts of kindness for 30 days. I invite you to write down any results and share them with me. I also invite you to visit an awesome website on blessing people the address is www.bettertobless.com. For now, may your day be filled with blessings of joy and well being. May kindness rule in your heart.
KM

No comments: