Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Handing Over the Reigns

So many times in life it feels like we are wandering around the woods, lost, not knowing which direction to go. A friend of mine once told me to picture myself trying to drive a pony cart in the middle of the woods. I become confused and do not know which way to go. She said then to imagine myself giving the reigns over to God and let Him lead the way. In other words Be Still, Let Go and Let God lead the way.

It is difficult for me to be still sometimes. I have the personality of a caregiver that always needs to fix things and make things right. It is not always my job to make things right in fact many times I am in God's way and interrupting the natural flow of good things. I am learning though when I give the reigns over to God things naturally work out just fine. They don't always work out the way I want but they work out for the best.

For today, Lord I give you the reigns! Help me to Be Still and Know that You are God and You are Love. Everything will work out fine. All is well and all will be well.

KM

No comments: