Monday, December 12, 2011

Smile..Just Smile!

Recently, I watched the OWN network and Elizabeth Gilbert was a guest on Oprah's Soul Sunday. Elizabeth explained her personal journey and how she started keeping a happiness journal. A happiness journal is writing down all the happy moments of the day. When I focus on the happy moments such as a little bird landing on the porch railing or my dog kissing me, I can release any negative moments such as running late, another driver cutting you off etc. The more happy moments I focused on the more happy moments I had. I also began to smile. I smiled when I was happy. I smiled when I was sad. I smiled when I was angry. I smiled when I was fearful. Soon all my smiles became genuine. The more I smiled the better I felt and the more things I had to smile about. I changed my mantra from hum drum living to I am on top of the world!

I never realized the power in a smile. When I smile my whole outlook changes. I see the world brighter and so much more gentle. I encourage everyone to smile. Smile..Just Smile!

God bless all.
Kathy Mikshenas

No comments: