Thursday, December 30, 2010

One Set Of Footprints

As I was walking through the snow this morning with my dog, I happened to look down at my footprints. They looked lonely and cold in the barren snow. I thought about how many times I had felt lonely and cold up here in the frigid Maine winters. Many times I felt isolated from family and friends. Many times I felt overwhelmed and abandoned by God.

Then I thought about how many times God showed me I was never alone. He carried me through twelve years of being a single mother. He brought a man into my life that loved both me and my daughter. In each step I took along my journey God opened up doors and placed people to bless us beyond measure. When there was not people around me God's love spoke to me through the beauty and gentleness of animals. I was never alone. God had never once abandoned me.

Whenever we feel alone and there is just one set of footprints in the cold, barren snow; God carries us close to His heart. His love will never let go.

God bless you,
Kathy Mikshenas

No comments: